Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Deepak Chopra: Ageless Body Timeless Mind

This is one of the many books by Deepak Chopra that will, "blow your mind" wide open. Chopra, in the now familiar style that made him one of the most read authors of our time, explores the notions of aging and time from the perspective of modern science and ancient spiritual beliefs and offers a most incredible insight into aging: getting old, withering away, getting sick, increasingly disabled with old age,  the gradual decay and even death are not inevitable life events, but rather, are based on an illusion created by the mind.

According to Chopra, getting old in the sense of decay and descent toward death is a learned behavior, and therefore can be unlearned, slowed down, or even reversed. In addition, Chopra offers an explanation and insight of death, reincarnation and rebirth, heaven and hell, and everything in between,  that can satisfy both the  religious and the scientifically minded .

I first read Ageless Body, Timeless Mind as I approached my fiftieth birthday, and for the first time, I became keenly aware  of the discrepancies between my biological, chronological, and "inner" clock. Inside, sometimes I felt like a child, sometimes as a young woman, and sometimes, like an old lady. On the outside, my body started to show signs of "getting old", and as I've approached the magical milestone that, I believed would finally push me over the hill from "middle aged" to "old", I started to panic a little.

After all, I've lived fifty years already, more than my father, who died just two weeks shy of his fiftieth birthday...but there was no guarantee, I would live another fifty years. From here on, it would be a slow, or fast march to the end, I thought.

Reading Ageless Body, Timeless Mind changed my mind about aging, and death. I now think, act, and believe according to my inner clock, which knows no time, and truly is ageless. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has ever lamented the passing of the "good old times", or feared what comes next.



Books That Change Your Life Store on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment